Friday, September 18, 2009

Turnip Slaw!


I'd searched and searched the internet for something interesting to make with the little white turnips I got from the market last week.  I found a nice recipe and adjusted it for my taste.  I only had about 8 small turnips, so I had to add some other things.

Tanya's Turnip Slaw, adapted from Baby Turnip Slaw from A Good Appetite blog.

8 small white turnips
1 cup shredded cabbage/slaw mix
1/2 cup broccoli slaw mix or any other shredded vegetable (carrots,etc.)
2 Tb Vegenaise
1-2 tsp cider vinegar
2 tsp spicy brown mustard
salt/pepper


Cut the turnips like slaw (as in the picture above).  Put in bowl with the other shredded vegetables.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Mix.  Add salt and pepper to taste.


This was a pretty simple recipe, but I had no energy to do more.  This weekend I will pick up my share from the market again and will hopefully come up with some nice recipes too! But for today....I still have to work, and I'm so tired.

I think I saw a sneak peak for next week's vegetables: muscadines (could I make wine???), black apples (never heard of those), and more sasquash (as my husband calls it), okra, etc.....I'll let you know!

So for now, get some sleep (that is, I need sleep...after work tonight). And tune in tomorrow for the market vegetable list!

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter