Saturday, September 19, 2009

Tempeh and potatoes


Sorry for such a late dinner post.  Just got back from having a Sam Adams Seasonal...mmmm....

So we had tempeh for dinner, with a side of vegetables, including potatoes, local corn, local lima beans, and onions.


I based this tempeh recipe on the one I found on the Swellvegan blog. If you scroll down, you'll find Balsamic Tempeh.  I couldn't find fresh kale or anything at my store, so I had to use canned greens.  I used spinach and mustard greens.  I'm sure it would have been so much better with fresh kale.  I love the stuff.  So sad that the store didn't have any.  I didn't serve it with rice.  Instead, I made a side dish of potatoes to go with it. Perhaps next time I'll make it exactly as the recipe says!

Tanya's Potato Corn dish:



1 small yellow onion, chopped
2-3 cooked small red potatoes, cubed
~1/2 cup cooked lima beans
2 ears of corn (1 white, 1 yellow)
4-5 stalks of asparagus,cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp olive oil
cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic


Cut the kernels off the corn cobs.  Put oil in pan.  Add corn kernels.  Cook until browned, stirring every minute or so.  Set aside.  Use same pan, add more oil if needed.  Add onions.  Cook until translucent.  Add potatoes and let brown a bit.  Add asparagus.  You may need to add a couple of tablespoons of water and cover to let the asparagus cook for a bit.  Add lima beans and corn.  Add seasonings to taste.  Cook a few minutes longer.



Enjoy!  I just kind of mixed all sorts of things......on the spot experiment.  I had to use the last 2 ears of corn from last week's farmer's market.  Also had to use the cooked lima beans I had from a day or 2 ago.  Again, I boiled a bunch of potatoes this morning, just to have on hand.  Still have some left.  Maybe I'll make my Potato Salad Oregano again!

Well, I think it's time to try one of those fancy chocolate truffles my friend  gave me for my birthday!

Until tomorrow....
Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter