Friday, September 4, 2009

Don't hate me because I'm a "cooking" pear!

Sorry, I don't have much to say this evening. Dinner was a wrap, like I stated earlier. Kind of boring, I suppose. But easy, which is good, because we had a last minute errand to run and we were sitting in traffic for a while.

Tonight's surprise is Thrice Cooked Pears! Yes, unintentional it was. I was cooking pears today, but was forced to turn the heat off and leave three times. So there I was, finishing up my pear cooking and FINALLY they got mushy. Wow, did that take forever. I think the key was to actually keep them in water. If there's not much water, they won't get soft. I did, however, burn them slightly at first when the water ran out. Oops. Oh well, I'm not perfect. It was all an experiment anyway! So they're cooked pears with a little demerara sugar and cinnamon, with a very slight burnt flavor. :)

On another note, I got great new sprouts out of my Easy Sprouter! Wow, that thing is great. Much better and easier than the jar method, which I'm still using. Tonight I'm soaking my broccoli sprouts!

No pictures tonight. Did you really want to see a picture of a wrap with sprouts and cheese??? Or slightly burnt pear sauce??? Didn't think so.

No idea what tomorrow will hold, except that we're off to the farmer's markets in the morning. I'll let you all know what goodies I get. Do I hear someone saying Satsumas?

Goodnight.
Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter