Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Day for Sweets


Yet another rainy day here in the South. So I decided to cheer myself up by making some whole wheat chocolate chip muffins. I'd been really craving something chocolatey.

But first, who can tell the difference between these two breakfast bowls? One is mine and one is my husband's. They're the same, but different :)

And now onto the sweet stuff! I adapted this recipe from a book (which I'll add later, because I have to run out now). Just wanted to get
the pictures in here before I left.









And now I must run off.....will post the recipe later!

Ok I'm back with my recipe:

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins, adapted from the Basic Muffin Recipe in Pillsbury's Best Muffins and Quickbreads.

2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4-1/2 cup demerara sugar (or replace with your own sweetener)
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup almond milk (or soy or any other kind of milk)
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips (I like more!)

Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl, then mix all wet ingredients in another bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix. It may be a little dry. I added a little water at a time to make it a nice muffin texture. Don't go overboard! You don't want them at all runny. The batter should be thick.

Put in a greased 12 muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Again, it depends on your oven. Enjoy! I sure am...and so is my husband, and so is our friend that's here at the moment :)

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter