Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Goods, They Are Here


Ok, we're back from the farmer's market!  Here's what we got in today's share:

cucumbers, golden zucchini, pattypan squash, creole tomatoes, green bell peppers, muscadine grapes, black apples, lima beans, white turnips, white button mushrooms, satsumas, sweet potatoes, and okra.



I'm definitely going to make stuffed pattypan again.  I think I'll make a little jam out of the purple grapes, which are smaller and sweeter than the green ones.  Haven't tasted the black apples yet....they're not really black, go figure.  Hmmmm, sweet potatoes...not a big fan.  BUT, I did make a sweet potato salad once that was absolutely delicious.  Can I do that with 2 sweet potatoes??  Maybe I should add regular potatoes to make up the difference...?  Ok, we're overflowing with okra here.  I just don't know what to do.  I think I'll try some fried okra, breaded with cornmeal this time.  We still have some left over from last week!  Golden zucchini: I'm going to make zucchini bread out of it. Mushroom risotto coming up this week too, I think.  More turnip slaw?  Hmmmm, I'll do some more research about those turnips.

That's it for now.  I have to go figure out what I'm going to make for dinner now!

Eat smart,
T.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter