Sunday, September 20, 2009

Golden Zucchini Bread



So I'm sitting here eating a slice of this golden zucchini bread with a glass of Riesling.  I wonder if there's a good beer that would go with it??  Any suggestions? Hmmmm, maybe I should start a beer and food pairing blog.


I got this recipe from the Hungry Vegan blog.  It's really good.  I changed a couple of things around.  I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of whole spelt flour.  I also used 1/2 cup of agave nectar instead of 1/3 cup maple syrup.  However, it's not very sweet, which is ok.  But perhaps next time I'll add a bit more agave.  Now I can have jam on it to add sweetness!  Or have a Riesling with it, like I'm doing now.  I only used 1/2 of one of my golden zucchinis!!! (or is zucchini already plural??)  The zucchinis are so big, that 1 cup was only a half of one.  Now whatever shall I do with the other 1 1/2 golden zucchinis?  I should've made a double batch.  Actually, I think I spotted a recipe for zucchini spelt muffins somewhere......let me go flip through my cookbooks again (I do this every day).

And I guess that's it.  Had my Potato Salad Oregano for lunch.....was tasty.
I'm going to go back to eating my zucchini bread and drinking my wine, so goodnight for now!

Eat smart,
T.

1 comment:

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter