Saturday, September 26, 2009

Today's Farmer's Market


Ok, so even though I barely slept last night, due to a sudden sore throat, I got up today to go to the farmer's market.  I really thought the sore throat was caused by the Candied Sweet Potatoes of last night.......hmmm....too much sugar????  Could that be?  Anyway, it's still sore, but not nearly as bad as last night.

On to the produce of the day: white sweet potatoes (NOT making the candied version this time), green bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, black apples, yellow squash,  popcorn rice, shiitake mushrooms, muscadine grapes, satsumas, green beans, and yes, MORE okra.




So now it's time for your suggestions......I think the okra is one of those vegetables that's gonna keep on comin'. What do I do with it now???  I need new suggestions.  I'm overloaded!  Can't keep up.

Tonight's dinner: probably potato/turnip salad (along with leftover veg. sushi from lunch).  My stomach wasn't so good today either.  Man, I hope I'm not coming down with something major......gonna go have some seltzer with lemon now.  Good for my throat too.

If I'm up to it, I'll post about dinner later.
Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter