Monday, September 21, 2009

Gorditas for lunch!


I've wanted to make these ever since I saw them on another blog.  The original recipe is from the Nitty Gritty Vegan.  I followed the recipe exactly for the gorditas.  For the filling, I sort of adjusted it to whatever I had in the fridge!

I didn't deep fry them....just fried 'em in a little spray oil in a saute pan.  I still have 4 gordita balls on hand to make again in a day or 2.  Hope they don't dry out.


Tanya's Gordita Filling:

1/2 yellow onion, chopped
3/4 cup chopped golden zucchini
3/4 cup diced canned tomatoes (or fresh)
cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp olive oil



Heat the oil in a pan.  Add onions and cook for several minutes until soft.  Add zucchini and cook another 5 minutes.  Add the tomatoes and the spices.  Let cook for another 5 minutes or so.  Ready to fill the gorditas!  I ended up eating most of it with a fork though.  Some of mine were too thin to cut well.  Next time I'll shape them better!

These were so delicious!  Thank you, Nitty Gritty Vegan!  And I was able to use up a bit more of my golden zucchini, although I still have plenty left.

Back to work tomorrow.....hope I can get a little blogging in this week.

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter