Sunday, November 1, 2009

World Vegan Day!!!

HAPPY WORLD VEGAN DAY!!!!



And now to the food......yes, vegan food.  Tonight I made the Creamy Sweet Potato Bake from the VeganYumYum cookbook.  A very different combination of flavors, but well worth it!  It took a bit of prep time, since I had to cook the pasta first, and cut and boil the sweet potatoes beforehand.  But bake time was only 20 minutes. I only have one medium pot to cook this stuff in, so I had to do them one after another in the same pot.  Here's what I own: 1 HUGE pot, 1 MED pot, & 1 LITTLE pot.  The medium pot is where I do all my boiling.....pasta, potatoes, etc....


Anyway,  I really liked the flavors in this.  My little chopper (mini food processor) had a bit of a melt down and started leaking all over the place (I don't have a blender), so my "alfredo" sauce was a bit soupy with little pieces of cashews in it.  Well it still tasted good!  I could've used more kale, less pasta (I used whole wheat pasta).  I left out the Earth Balance Margarine and thyme (didn't have either) too. And I did add a little tiny bit of salt onto my plate.  I'll make this dish again!

So far, except for those candied sweet potatoes, all of VeganYumYum's recipes have been great and I'd make them again and again.  

That's it folks! Still wondering what to do with all the turnips.....can you cook and mash them like potatoes???

Eat smart,
T.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm I haven't made this yet! I don't know why not!!! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS delicious....definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter