Monday, November 23, 2009

It's almost Thanksgiving!


I won! I won!  Yup, I won a copy of "1,000 Vegan Recipes" by Robin Robertson!!  I won it from Alisa's OneFrugalFoodie blog.  Check it out!

Next on the list is lunchboxbunch. They've got a great Vegan Thanksgiving Recipe Series going on.  This is a great time to go have a look.

VegWeb's got a great Thanksgiving page that you can't pass up!

And now is also a great time to adopt or sponsor a turkey.  Here's a link to Farm Sanctuary's Adopt-a-Turkey project.

And while you're looking at farm animals, check out Windmill Hill Farm's Alpacas (yes, it's my parents' farm!)

I've got cranberry breads in the oven right now! Here's my list so far for my "erev" Thanksgiving:
(long story, I must have my own personal Thanksgiving meal on Wednesday night)

Butternut Squash Dip & Veggies (from LunchBoxBunch)
Celebration Roast
Tofurkey Roast
Stuffing (my mom's recipe, but vegan)
Maple glazed carrots and parsnips (from Vegetarian Times)
Cranberry bread
Sweet Potato-Spelt biscuits (from A Bountiful Vegan Thanksgiving)
Cranberry Orange Sauce (from A Bountiful V. Thanksgiving)
Cucumber salad
Maybe even some root veggies around the roasts in the oven (turnips, leeks, onions)


Unsure about dessert, maybe pumpkin cupcakes and/or pumpkin pie.  Maybe Orange Clementine Quick Bread.  We'll see....

What are YOU having for Thanksgiving?

Eat smart,
T.

2 comments:

  1. My sister put me in charge of the stuffing. When I asked what else we were having I realized the only item remotely resembling a vegetable was the mashed potatoes (lots and lots of carbs at dinner and cheese for appetizers) so I offered to bring brown sugar glazed carrots too.

    Lots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni,

    Yes, I think when most people put together Thanksgiving, it's mostly carbs! I had to get in some sort of vegetables and the maple glazed carrots are amazing! And I'm adding an easy cucumber salad....basically cucumbers and lemon juice, but it's really tasty. Hmmmm, I was thinking hummus & veg for an appetizer. Not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter