Saturday, November 28, 2009

Post Thanksgiving market


Well, two of my markets were closed today, so I had to go the other one. It was ok, but I didn't get very much. My stash this week: kale, louisiana strawberries, tomatoes, 7-grain bread.

Yay, kale.  I love it.  And it goes great in my monk bowls (which we're having again tonight).  The folks at Voodough bakery won't be at this market anymore....I bought one of her breads.  I used to buy her orange cranberry whole wheat scones, which were absolutely amazing!  But, alas, she didn't have any today.  Best of luck to them...


First of the season Louisiana Strawberries!!!  Wow.  And they're sooo good.  Can't wait for the rest of the season....I think the Spring is strawberry season here.  The tomatoes were a bit green and hard, but that's ok.  I roast them anyway....and I don't think we're going to get tomatoes for too much longer down here....sigh...what will I do when they're out of season??


On to a great snack recipe! Microwave potato chips! Yup, so easy and so tasty.  You can get the recipe from the FatFreeVeganKitchen, along with a few other snacks that I haven't tried yet. Enjoy.

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter