Friday, October 23, 2009

Veggie "Fries" w/Steamed Kale and Broccoli


I was browsing blogs today and found a good recipe for "Veggie Fries" here on the VeganMindedBlog site.  Looked so good, I had to try it. I also used zucchini and yellow squash.  I used only a very small amount of unsweetened almond milk and Vegenaise.  Had whole wheat breadcrumbs, which I flavored with Italian Seasonings, garlic, creole seasoning, salt, and pepper.  Was pretty good!  I served it with some steamed kale and broccoli.  Had some leftover Asian Ginger sauce from a recent Monk Bowl.

I'm not sure the 2 went together....the Italian seasoning, with the Asian.  Oh well....had to use up the sauce.  I was going to make a millet dish (I was so excited that I bought millet today!), but decided I'll do that maybe tomorrow.  I've never made millet, but I noticed so many vegan blogs use it.


I also ordered nutritional yeast!  A lot of vegans use that, and seems to add some "cheese-like" flavor to foods, so I'm excited to start using that too.  And it's an excellent source of Vitamin B-12!  Since I'm really cutting  down on my dairy consumption, I thought I could use some.  Speaking of that, the McDougall program seems to be doing the job.  If I stick with  non-oil and non-dairy foods, my weight really does go down!  Yay for rice and potatoes! :) .....and now for millet!  (although I do have quinoa, which I love too)

Tomorrow, I may go to TWO markets.  Yes, 2. We'll see how the day goes and how many vegetables I can handle.  Wish me luck!

I finally have a few days off, so I can do a little blogging.  Exciting, no?

So that's all for now....off to see a chamber music concert in a bit (Musaica).
Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter