Monday, October 5, 2009

The Mayan Bowl


Tonight's dinner: McDougall's Mayan Bowl with Enchilada Sauce.  You can find the recipe here.  This is my second bowl recipe.  Last time I made a Monk Bowl with the Asian-Ginger Sauce.  I think I prefer the Monk Bowl and Asian Sauce, but this one was pretty good.  I must say it did need quite a bit of added salt.  Other than that, thumbs up!


I made it with a mix of red, brown, and white (because it was local from the csa) rice.  The vegetables: broccoli, carrots, mustard greens(not sure those worked great, but they were also in the csa box), and corn.  I added some black beans on top.  Do you think I overloaded the steam basket???  :)


And for a snack while watching TV, I made myself a nice sprout and slaw salad: sprouts, broccoli slaw, coleslaw, cucumber and celery.  Who knew you could have a great dressing without oil??  I know now!  Just squeezed some lemon juice on there with a little garlic powder and salt.  Was absolutely delicious!

Well I think that's about it for today.  By the way, saw Michael Moore's new movie Capitalism.  Great movie.  I highly recommend it!


Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter