Saturday, October 31, 2009

Two Markets, One Day




So I finally went to that other market.  It was ok, not too big.  Had a couple of nice tables of produce from local farms.  There was even a mushroom farm!  Perhaps this market was a bit too hillbilly for my taste....but anyway, I got 2 eggplants, 1 beautiful cauliflower(I got excited taking pictures of it!), and some huge Portobello mushrooms.






Then we went to our usual market (followed by pizza at our favorite pizza place: Rocky's).  Here's the list of today's stash: cucumbers, brown jasmine rice, Challah, mustard greens, kale, green onions, turnips, tomatoes, roasting peppers, satsumas, Asian pears, sweet potatoes, lettuce, and yes, more okra.







I think tonight is going to be leftover night: brown rice with that Shiitake mushroom sauce.  I'll steam some new veggies to go with it. So no more posting until tomorrow! Coming soon: Sweet Potato Bake from VeganYumYum.

Until then...
Eat smart,
T.

P.S.-HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter