Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tomato Barley Risotto


I'm really enjoying my new vegan yumyum cookbook!  And I love that it has color pictures of everything too :)

Tonight I made the Creamy Tomato Barley Risotto and it was excellent! This  was my first ever recipe with nutritional yeast!  (am I too excited about that??)  The only thing I added was kale and mustard greens.  Really was just like eating risotto, except that it's barley! And like she says, you don't have to stir forever. I used unsweetened almond milk instead of the soymilk.  I also had to cook it a little longer, as the barley wasn't quite cooked all the way.  But I highly recommend this recipe and the cookbook!

Off to work I go.  Get ready, I've got several days off starting tomorrow and I hope to post quite a bit! Already excited about Saturday's market(s)!!

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter