Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sweet Potato Salad!



I finally found my old recipe for Sweet Potato Salad, which was based on some old recipe I found a long time ago. And I adjusted it yet again today, according to my current eating habits :)

Sweet Potato Salad:


4 medium sweet potatoes (I used 2 regular and 2 white sweet potatoes)
1 green apple (I prefer Granny Smith), chopped
~3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 TB Vegenaise
juice of 1-2 limes (I used a Key Lime)
optional: chopped cashews or pecans



Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into thirds or so.  Boil them until tender.  Drain. Cut them into cubes and put them in a bowl.  Sprinkle with the lime juice and chill for at least an hour.  When chilled, add the apple, celery, (nuts if used), and Vegenaise.  Chill for another hour. Done!  So good.....


I had these 4 sweet potatoes from the farmer's market.  You see? I do find good use for vegetables I rarely eat.  Wonder what they'll have this Saturday......

I still have a huge eggplant in the fridge, so perhaps the eggplant dip will be next (don't worry, the cookies are coming too....!!).

Wow, the heat index is really climbing today.  Says it's 101.  The actual temp is 90 degrees (F).  Too hot.  I think these are record highs for this time of year.  Last week was so nice...in the 70's.  I hope it cools off again soon.  Someone send me some nice Fall leaves and sweater weather please :)

And so that's it for today.  Going to see "Opus" at Southern Rep tonight.
Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter