Monday, October 19, 2009

Saturday's Market


Wow, I'm sorry I haven't been blogging in a week or so.  I've been soooo busy with our friends from Germany who were visiting, and work...and recording sessions (6 hours of recording today alone!).

I think I've got a bit of time this coming week, so hopefully we'll get some good food in.

Let me tell you about the goods I got at last Saturday's CSA: turnips, red mustard greens, green onions, shiitake mushrooms, apples, satsumas, pea shoots (what do you do with those??? put them in a salad?), sweet potatoes (now I'm overloaded with those), peppers, cucumbers, green beans, yellow squash, and NO OKRA!!! :)



I still have a lone eggplant in the fridge....wonder how long those things last....anyone?  My husband's been eating the raw okra, so I don't have to freeze any of that.  And this is really exciting....for me at least.....I found KALE in the store!  Ok, it was in a bag, but that's better than nothing!  Yay!

It's a short post, but it's something.  So if you know what to do with pea shoots, let me know....I just assumed you put them in a salad or something, like sprouts.  Hmmmm....sweet potatoes.  Maybe I'll try mashed sweet potatoes...does that sound good?  I'll have to search all the other blogs for some good info.

That's all, sorry it's been an empty week, but I'm so tired.
Eat smart,
T.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    i often make mashed potatoes with sweet and "normal" potatoes together. I think if you use only sweet potatoes the texture is somehow strange. I normaly use 2 parts "normal" and 1 part sweet potatoes.

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lea! I was thinking of doing some mashed mixed potatoes tomorrow.....it will be interesting, since I have to use up the eggplant too! :)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter