Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Day at the Market

Work was canceled today....due to rain......so now I can relax and have a bit more coffee!  Our German friends have not yet arrived....hopefully this afternoon or possibly tomorrow.

Went to the market again this morning....got lots of good stuff: zucchini, yellow squash, satsumas, apples, tomatoes, green peppers, yellow peppers, cucumbers, eggplant (more eggplant dip???), white button mushrooms, lettuce, sweet potatoes, and yes, MORE okra.

I'll continue my okra challenge for another week, but I'll have to freeze what I got last week.  C'mon people, help me out here! Next Saturday, the 17th will be my last okra day.

We had leftover Monk Bowls today for lunch, so nothing new there....but it was still soooo good!  And when I say leftovers, I mean there was rice and sauce left.  I did steam new vegetables though.



Gardening wise, I had to attack my mint plant today.  It was taking over my whole indoor herb garden! So here's a picture of some of it.....hanging up to dry. My peppers are doing well too!

Ok, I think that about sums it up for today.  Perhaps I'll cook something tomorrow.......perhaps not.....

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter