Saturday, July 2, 2011

4th of July Celebrations

Personally, I'm not a big fan of 4th of July parties. Why? Well, it's probably going to be 95+ degrees outside and I don't eat grilled meat. Oh, and I don't even have a grill, if I wanted to grill vegetables. So there you have it.

But, for those of you that DO celebrate, here are a few recipes you might be interested in:

Great starters:

Tomato Hummus


Guacamole (it's avocado season!!)


Egglplant dip


My black bean burgers


For some cold side dishes:

My Potato Salad Oregano


Cold Couscous Salad


Sweet Potato Salad


Cold Cucumber Soup


Veggie Spring Rolls


And of course, dessert!

Charoset (why should it only be for Passover??)


My Whole Wheat Spelt Chocolate Chip Cookies


Have a great 4th of July weekend!!!

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter