Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bircher Muesli



I've recently found myself enjoying yogurt again (Silk unsweetened plain is delicious). Sometimes I put granola and dried fruit in it. Well you know what's awesome? Bircher Muesli! That's what. It's a Swiss style breakfast. I believe the old recipe called for more fruit and less oats, but here's my version:

Easy Bircher Muesli:
(makes 1 serving)

1/2-3/4 cup plain vegan yogurt 
2 TB dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cranberries, etc.)
3 TB flakes (oats, barley, spelt, etc)
6 almonds, sliced or slivered
2-3 TB grated fresh apple (optional)


Mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Overnight is good too. Eat!

Feel free to adjust, if you want less yogurt or more nuts, etc. Now I want some....

And I just got my awesome package from my vegan care package swap partner! So I'll be telling you all about that soon :)

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter