Sunday, March 14, 2010

Farmer's Market Stuff and Strawberry Pi(e)!

Happy Pi Day!

I only realized after I made the pie today, that it was Pi day :)

First, here's what I got at the market yesterday: collard greens, oranges, grapefruit, kale, strawberries, hydroponic tomatoes, beets (that's a new one!), turnips, shiitake mushrooms, lettuce, and green onions.

And now for the recipe of the day: Raw Strawberry Pie.  


Such a great day for it....72 degrees, the sun is shining, and what do I have in my fridge? Yup, Louisiana Strawberries from yesterday's market.  So what a perfect day to make this pie.  And it was pretty easy too.
I had about 2 pints of strawberries, which maybe wasn't quite enough, but I made it anyway.  My crust was pretty thick, so maybe next time I'll use fewer almonds.  It only uses FOUR ingredients! Can't go wrong with that: almonds, dates, strawberries, and lemon juice. Only thing I had to do was add a couple of tablespoons of water to the crust in the food processor to help it stick together. Check out the recipe here.

And I just ate a piece......wow! Delicious :)  It's strawberry season (at least here)! MAKE IT!

Will make another post later or tomorrow about my latest raw zucchini noodle meal.

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter