Thursday, February 18, 2010

Broccoli Bake and the Goods

Several days ago, I made VeganYumYum's Creamy Broccoli Mushroom Bake and it was absolutely amazing! I will definitely make it again and again.  I used arrowroot powder instead of corn starch and I left out the oil.  I had some leftover mini spelt shells, so I used those instead of orzo.  I was a bit worried when I put it into the 8x8 pan.  It was quite liquidy(not a real word, I know) and really soaked up the breadcrumbs when I put them on top.  But when I took it out of the oven, it had solidified and the breadcrumbs on top gave it a nice crunch.  So it really did come out great :)

On our way back from Florida yesterday (more on that awful trip later), my husband was nice enough to let me stop at a big health food store in Mobile, AL (Virginia's Health Foods), even though he was sick....poor guy.  I tried to make it quick....you know, quick for me....at a health food store :)

The goods: bulk oat groats, bulk raw sunflower seeds, bulk raw cashews, Artisana Coconut Butter, raw almond butter, Primal Strips, sprouted grain pasta, large agave nectar, chia seeds, quinoa, millet, and Arame. Forgot to add the tempeh to the picture.....can't find it here, so I bought two packages!

It's very exciting....I love health food stores! Is that so wrong? I guess it's a good thing I didn't spend all day in there, or I would've emptied out our bank account :)

Perhaps I'll wait until tomorrow to blog about our disaster of a trip....something to look forward to.

Eat smart,
T.

3 comments:

  1. Girl! I can spend hours in a health store. SOrry to hear your hubby was sick, ;(
    On another note, I think I am going to have to make that broccoli bake! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good--I have the cookbook and am ashamed to say, I have not made a single thing from it yet! (Cookbooks being a weakness like the health food stores for you!) This really looks like something to try--I like the spelt shells in it, too: Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, cookbooks are a weakness for me too! I just bought a couple yesterday :) (raw food cookbooks)

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter