Monday, November 2, 2009

Mashed Turnips & Potatoes

So this post is really bland.......mostly because the picture looks bland and boring.  Better next time :)


I decided to make more mashed up stuff for lunch today.  I still had a bunch of turnips leftover from the market, so I mixed them into my mashed potatoes.

Tanya's Mashed Turnips & Potatoes:

3 medium turnips, peeled and cut into large cubes
3 medium red potatoes, cut into large cubes
1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
salt, pepper, garlic


Put the turnips and potatoes into a pot and cover with water.  Boil until tender.  The turnips will be a little bit harder than the potatoes, but that's ok.  Or.....leave them to boil longer until they're really soft (but your potatoes will disintegrate!....just a warning).  When cooked, drain and then put into a bowl.  Mash up with a potato masher or fork.  Add the almond milk and spices to taste.  Done!  I put a little canned diced tomatoes on top of mine.....

But since the picture of the food wasn't very exciting, I thought I'd add a couple pictures from a local brewpub (Abita) for color!  Who's drooling now???


Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter