Sunday, August 14, 2011

Frozen meals and pretzels!

The other day I came across a recipe for soft pretzels here. They looked so good, I had to make them!
I used agave instead of regular sugar, and I used mostly whole wheat flour with a little vital wheat gluten. Oh, and I brushed them with almond milk.


They're great with beer :)

Now onto the frozen food.  In the past month or two, we've gotten a couple of new entrees from the store. Candle Cafe has just come out with some frozen meals and we tried two of them:




I'm not a caper eater, but S loves them. He enjoyed his. Mine was the pasta. It was good.....but I'm not sure I'd buy it again. For that price, I can make pasta at home that's healthier. The pasta was higher in fat and calories. But both of these boxes had coupons on them at Whole Foods, so it wasn't a bad deal :)

Now for the 2 Kashi dishes. S sometimes buys the Pesto Pasta one, but it's not vegan, so I won't eat it.



S ate the Tuscan Veggie Bake. I tasted it, was pretty good. I LOVED mine (Mayan Harvest Bake), but it was very sweet, like a desert with those plantains.  It was also higher in calories than S's. Both were vegan.

Oh, and I finally tasted Nacho Mom's newest Queso flavor: Voodoo. It's a bean dip. I wasn't really into dipping my chips into it, like I was for the other queso. I liked it on top of brown rice, with cooked peppers and onions, and some freshly chopped raw tomatoes on top (and of course, some taco seasoning sprinkled in):

Delicious!

On to fitness, I'm on Day 2 of my p90x workout and I feel it....I really feel the burn. But it's good and I hope I make it through all 90 days. Wish me luck :) Have any of you done this workout? Or do you have a good recipe for your own protein bars I could make?

Eat smart,
T.

2 comments:

  1. The pretzels look great! and they look huge! The frozen meals look interesting, the only one I've tried so far is the Mayan Harvest Bake, and it was good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tried, I must say, I like to cook and I am doing my best not to froze any meals.I don't know if it is good or bad.......

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter