Friday, January 15, 2010

Amazing desserts!

First of all, wow.  I was so surprised at the results of both of these desserts.  You HAVE to try them.  No questions.


Dessert #1:


Banana Soft Serve 


'Nuff said.  This could very well be the best vegan "ice cream" ever!  And I'm not usually a banana ice cream kind of person.  But I went all out....I took those 2 frozen bananas and put 'em in my little food processor and mixed every 5 seconds, because it wouldn't chop them up (they were too big for my poor little 3-cup Cuisinart).  But I stuck with it and sure enough....it became the most perfect soft serve ever.  And I even made the cocoa/agave chocolate syrup to go on top.  It was heavenly!!

Dessert #2:


Chocolate Pudding
(makes 3-5 servings, depending on size)


3/4 cup silken tofu
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla extract


Put it all in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.  I might try agave next time instead of the maple syrup.  


That's all I have for today.  I think it's enough!  Two freakishly easy desserts.  You don't have any excuses now for not having a nice healthy treat once in a while. I'm definitely going to make the banana soft serve a weekly event.

Eat smart,
T.

2 comments:

  1. One of the great things about being a vegetarian, you can eat lots of dessert and still stay fit and in shape. Of course this only works if the rest of your diet is solid and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right.....but I can't eat too many! I try to only make desserts once in a while because even though they're mostly healthy, they have calories too! Like you said, I have to keep the rest of my diet healthy, as well as my exercise habits :)

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter