Saturday, December 19, 2009

The market, radishes, and broccoli

By the way, I guess it's a little late to say Happy Hanukkah.....here's a little glimpse of ours:


And for those holidays that have not yet passed, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!


We had a rehearsal this morning (yes, Nutcracker), and so I had to pick up my vegetables from the market before rehearsal.  Got lots of good stuff: spaghetti squash (my new addiction), green onions, mustard greens, lettuce, mizuna, white button mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes (hydroponic), white sweet potatoes, white turnips, strawberries, grapefruit, tangerines, oranges, satsumas, cabbage, and meyer lemons.



Radishes & Broccoli:

From my various research online, I've found a couple of good snacks! One seems to be French: sliced radishes on some butter (I used Smart Balance), sprinkled with salt and pepper, all atop a nicely toasted slice of bread (I used sprouted grain bread).  Delicious!  The other, is a broccoli dip, spread on toasted bread.  I took one of those bags of broccoli florets and steamed it in the microwave.  Then I put it in a food processor with some lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic.  You could add some diced tomatoes or something for a little more flavor.  I read it should be more flavorful once it's chilled a bit.



Vacation starts Monday, yay!!  Don't forget to vote in my vegan cheese and diet polls on the right side of the page!!


Eat smart (even over the holidays),
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter