Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bircher Muesli



I've recently found myself enjoying yogurt again (Silk unsweetened plain is delicious). Sometimes I put granola and dried fruit in it. Well you know what's awesome? Bircher Muesli! That's what. It's a Swiss style breakfast. I believe the old recipe called for more fruit and less oats, but here's my version:

Easy Bircher Muesli:
(makes 1 serving)

1/2-3/4 cup plain vegan yogurt 
2 TB dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cranberries, etc.)
3 TB flakes (oats, barley, spelt, etc)
6 almonds, sliced or slivered
2-3 TB grated fresh apple (optional)


Mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Overnight is good too. Eat!

Feel free to adjust, if you want less yogurt or more nuts, etc. Now I want some....

And I just got my awesome package from my vegan care package swap partner! So I'll be telling you all about that soon :)

Eat smart,
T.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter