Monday, January 24, 2011

I need your input!! (sprouts)

So I finally got a 3 level sprouter:

(photo from Amazon)

I haven't used it yet, but it's all ready to go. Does anyone have one of these?  I'm a little confused with the soaking part....do the seeds go into the covers to soak, uncovered...then poured into the trays?

I recently sprouted lots of lentils. So good!  They have a really interesting taste...nothing like when you eat cooked lentils.  Anyway, I made some sprouted lentil dip out of it, which I'll post a recipe for soon.  

I need to know what to sprout!  Please give me your ideas. What would YOU sprout and how would you use them?  Salads? Smoothies? Also, if you happen to come across recipes (especially raw recipes) that use sprouts in them, please leave me the link! Or if you have your own, I'd love to hear about it.

I have a recipe from one of my new cookbooks for sprouted chickpea hummus, which I'm going to try. It sounds awesome!

I also made some raw mustard (no, not from mustard sprouts!) which will be ready in 2 days.  Have you made your own mustard? It seems cheaper to buy it at the store, but we'll see how this stuff turns out.

If you haven't done so already, you can enter my Bob's Red Mill giveaway to win some awesome giftpacks from them. There will be THREE winners!! Enter now :)

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter