Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Hanukkah!! Kale and Carrot Salad Recipe


HAPPY HANUKKAH!!!

 I can't believe it's so early this year...and right after Thanksgiving.  Phew.  Well, I won't be making too much in the way of "Hanukkah" food.

But I did want to give you that recipe for the salad I made at Thanksgiving, so here it is:

Kale and Carrot Salad
(makes 4 small sides or 2 large servings)


1 large bunch of curly kale
2 carrots, sliced
1/4 cup chopped, dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
*1 TB olive oil (optional)


Wash kale and remove the thick stems. Chiffonade the kale, so it's in thin strips.  Steam in a steam-bag in the microwave for one minute only (you're welcome to steam on the stove, I just prefer the microwave for smaller amounts).  Remove and put in a medium sized salad bowl.  Steam the carrots the same way, for only one minute.  Remove from bag and slice into thin strips.  Add to the kale.  Mix in the cranberries, walnuts, and balsamic vinegar (and oil, if using). Put in fridge to cool for at least two hours.  Mix and serve!




And on another note, today I made the most amazing butternut squash soup ever! It's from Lindsay's new e-cookbook.  You should definitely check it out. (I'd post a picture, but my computer is busy trying to sync/update my ipod, which is taking forever).

Coming up: A recipe for Cheeezy Broccoli Rice Casserole!

Don't forget to enter my $65 CSN Store giveaway....time's running out!

Eat smart,
T.

1 comment:

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter