Thursday, June 24, 2010

Road Trip Pics, Part 2

I think my husband is getting annoyed with me.  I research health food stores like crazy and I want to try ALL of them!!  Is that so wrong?  Ok, he hates shopping, so I guess that's understandable.  Sorry S.  Thanks for putting up with me :)

I've found some really cool stores on our travels though.

Knoxville, TN: Three Rivers Market.  Awesome store.  They have TONS of vegan stuff, including Daiya cheese, several different yoghurts and non-dairy milks.  They also carry bulk grains, although the one grain I wanted, they didn't carry....sniff.....my whole oat groats.

Cool stuff I got:


Cincinnati, OH: I stopped at Jungle Jim's.  I LOVE that place.  I used to shop there regularly when we lived there.  I so miss it.  Their beer selection is to die for.  I picked up several.....Wheach (a peach wheat from the St. Louis area), BBC Nut Brown Ale, and several others in single bottles.  They have a huge selection of natural/vegetarian foods as well as international foods galore.  This store is measured in acres...

One of the beer's I purchased...it even says it's vegan friendly on the back! A bit too sweet, but not bad:



A farmer's market in an undisclosed location:

They even had a table with tons of vegan goodies (I had to try them!)
(fresh pickles out of the barrel, broccoli, peaches, blueberries & vegan baked goods...all local!)

An awesome natural food store in an undisclosed location:

Falafel chips...amazing!

No-fat Hummus (that's hard to find....it's just like I make it at home!):


And other stuff I made:

Cold Cucumber soup (cucumbers, coconut milk yoghurt, lemon juice, salt, and dill):

Cold pasta with peanut sauce (a little peanut butter, agave, apple cider vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, & water):

In Cincinnati at the hotel restaurant (a vegetarian special, couscous with tomatoes, basil and balsamic glaze):

Cincinnati, OH: Emanu, an East African restaurant.  Excellent! The veg. combo has no dairy or animal fats and the injera is awesome :)


Ok, that's about it for part 2.  Stay tuned for part 3.....

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Vegetarian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

StatCounter